Friday 3 April 2009

How Time Flies! And so did I ...

Wow ... so I haven't updated a playlist for over a year. Maybe that's a good thing, at least I've had things to do!




I went to SXSW (South by South West), a festival in Austin, Texas. I played 3 shows, and watched about a million. And these videos make a little mixtape of my favourite SXSW acts that I stumbled across...



Sky Larkin - Fossil, I





I bumped into these guys on a bus into town from our hotels, and had played with them at a night in London before, so we got chatting and I spent my first morning and afternoon in Austin with them. They're so great, and on stage they're even greater. Go see them. Now, if you can.
www.myspace.com/skylarkinskylarkin






Wildbirds & Peacedrums





They played at the End of the Road party and were absolutely incredible. A really amazing duo.

www.myspace.com/wildbirdsandpeacedrums

Ohbijou






I really loved their track on the SXSW website, a sort of lush, orchestral, romantic affair. Really charismatic and totally charming.
www.myspace.com/ohbijou





Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele









I watched this band play in the sunshine in the grounds of a gorgeous park. The vibe was perfect, the band were hilarious and super tight, and Dent is a very lovable frontman. Gig of the week. And I adore this song.
www.myspace.com/dentmay






Telekinesis - Tokyo









Watched these with 2/3 of Sky Larkin. The frontman/drummer learned from Death Can For Cutie's drummer apparently. He's an all round star, really. Great set, great band.
www.myspace.com/telekinesismusic

No comments: