Monday 6 April 2009

April Playlist

I've spent most of 2009 so far in a really good mood and have been given, or found some amazing music. This is a little mixtape of what I'm listening to in the month of supposed rain, which has turned out sunny and full of good times.

Filthy Dukes - This Rhythm



I literally can't listen to this without wanting to dance. Which is unfortunate as I can't stop listening to it ...
www.myspace.com/filthydukes


Fever Ray - When I Grow Up



The Knife's leading lady has a superb new project.
www.myspace.com/feverray

Sol Seppy - Human



I was clearing out an old box of CDs for charity shops and I totally forgot I owned her wonderful, wonderful album 'Bells of 12'
www.myspace.com/solseppy

Slow Club - Me and You



If you can, go and watch these guys live. They are almost peerless. So incredible on a stage. They're much less garish and 90s than the video :) Great melodies and great lyrics.
www.myspace.com/slowclub


A Camp - Stronger Than Jesus



Their second album 'Colonia' is more sombre, maybe more sentimental than the eponymous debut, but has some real gems. Nina's voice is something quite special, and moments like 'Love Has Left The Room' have real majesty. Here's the lead single with a great video.
www.myspace.com/acamptheband

No comments: