Sunday 12 April 2009

Full at Easter

I'm so, so full. And have spent most of today in this disgusting state listening to some brilliant music.

Bat For Lashes - Daniel



I absolutely LOVE this video, and I love her imagery (initially I wasn't so sure circa debut album) and the production on 'Two Suns' is mind-blowing. However, this particular song ... it is basically this isn't it ...


(apparently the original video on Youtube is not "available in my country??" They're a British band for God's sake!!)

Still I think she is really quite something.
www.batforlashes.com

Sliimy - Wake Up



This is one of the songs I don't know whether I like, he sounds EXACTLY like a French male Kate Nash. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the video. I would love to make one like this. So much fun.
www.myspace.com/sliimy

Super Furry Animals - Hermann Loves Pauline



They have a new album out ... today! And I love them so so much. This one of my favourite singles, and favourite videos.
www.superfurry.com

Sam Isaac - Come Back Home Tonight



I spent the day with Sam in a mutual friend's house with 22 people having a huge Russian Easter dinner. It was truly amazing. We were both hungover. As I was when this was filmed. If you look closely, you can spot me. Great song. Great fun.
www.samisaac.co.uk

Amanda Palmer - Oasis



Her album 'Who Killed Amanda Palmer' was one of my favourite albums last year. An incredible collection. And this video captures her tongue-in-cheek, wry humour, her musical creativity and her colourful approach perfectly. I love it. A touch of genius perhaps.
www.amandapalmer.net

No comments: