Sunday 2 September 2007

"Your Once Eager Kiss" (Sue Hubbard)

Walking to get the Eurostar to Paris to visit my friend, I walked past Sue Hubbard’s poem on the wall that I’d totally forgotten how much I loved… when I first moved to London I saw this and loved the fact that it brightened up an otherwise dingy subway. This little mixtape comes based on its sentiment.

“I dream of a green garden

where the sun feathers my face
like your once eager kiss.”- Sue Hubbard, Eurydice

Sandie Shaw – Always Something There To Remind Me

The most perfect song with a total understanding of what happens at the end of a relationship. A friend once told me even as a young boy this made him cry almost every time.

Adem – Ringing In My Ear

I first heard this track back in September 2004 feeling a little sentimental after moving cities. A really beautiful song with nice live overdubs in the video.
Adem’s myspace

Merz – Verily

Merz’ 2005 album ‘Loveheart’ was a fantastic album and I only just discovered this video made for one of my favourite tracks from the record. A very sadly overlooked gem.
Merz myspace

Bjork – Unravel

Video shot for the backdrop of Bjork’s Greatest Hits tour, for one of her most gorgeous songs.
Bjork’s official site

Feist – Inside Or Out

Ok so I’ve already blogged Feist once, but this stripped down version of her Bee Gees cover is incredible. “What are we going to do if we lose that fire?”
Feist’s official site

No comments: