Friday 14 September 2007

Fun & Games...

Fun & Games

Student and teacher friends of mine are moaning about the return to school/uni now that September has kicked in, so I put together a mix of things reminiscent of childhood fun. The following videos make great use of toys, drawing, and generally anything detached from adult responsibility. Enjoy youth!

The Brunettes – Her Hairagami Set

My favourite new video!! Not only uses dolls and toys, but also presented like a Marvel cartoon strip. Brilliant. In every way.
The Brunettes myspace

The Go! Team – Panther Dash

Growing up as a child of the 80s, games like Pacman were pretty commonplace. This real-life re-enactment of Ms Pacman is brilliant. Set in the streets of New York. Where else.
(The Go! Team have just released their second album but stick with the first…. oops!)
The Go! Team myspace

Mum – They Made Frogs Smoke Til They Exploded

Great new track from Mum, with a beautifully animated, and slightly dark, video – kind of like a slightly twisted ‘Art Attack’.
Mum’s myspace

Tunng – It’s Because … We’ve Got Hair

Tunng are about to release their new album (I’ve heard a sneak preview – it’s GREAT) and this is a fantastic video for one of their earlier, also great tracks. Very kids’ TV, I love it.
Tunng’s myspace
Also, head here to check out the video to Tunng's new single 'Bullets', it's great! It's a Pitchfork exclusive at the moment though so can't embed it here :(

Rod Thomas – Your Love Is A Tease

Slightly egotistical I know, but this is a video my friend Matt Collett helped me make for one of my own songs using toys I found in my attic. After the feedback we got, I found out that pretty much everyone I know had that phone growing up…
Rod Thomas myspace

No comments: