Thursday 6 September 2007

"Don't give up on your dreams, boy!"

So lots of my friends are making plans, making decisions and sorting out what they need to do to at the moment, so this mix tape is kind of centred around the future and its uncertainties… which is a good thing. If you knew what was going to happen then there’d be nothing to look forward to right?

I’m From Barcelona – The Painter (live)

Wonderful busked live version of my favourite I’m From Barcelona track, also where the blog’s title comes from.
I’m From Barcelona myspace

Noah & The Whale – 5 Years Time

Amazing live if you ever get to catch them. Very talented bunch of people. FYI “Laura” in the video is Laura Marling whose own solo stuff gets its own fair share of praise…
Noah & The Whale myspace
Laura Marling myspace

Camera Obscura – Let’s Get Out Of The Country

Time for a change? Great track from one of my favourite albums of the last year or so.
Camera Obscura myspace

Peter & The Wolf – Lightness

Not the Peter & The Wolf UK audiences might know, this one’s from Texas and slightly less jolly than the Liverpool based trio. The line “Every morning’s another chance to see a different me” caught my attention and I love the Leonard Cohen-esque vocals…
Peter & The Wolf myspace

Ace of Base – The Sign

“I’ve got a new life, you’d hardly recognise me I’m so glad”. Wise words from a band who – amazingly (!!) – sold 28 MILLION copies of their debut album. I’ll never tire of that fact. Sadly, I don’t think this video was ever cool though…
Ace of Base – read the story

No comments: